View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 10:53 PM   #8
Fairygdmther
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blondebeard View Post
What is wrong with stating this? Everyone here is differant and everyone has differing opinions. That is what a message board is all about. If you can't handle a thread that is not one sided then I recomend you stop reading it or don't contribute to it. Most people who play adventure games are smart people who enjoy a good debate.

I for one can't stand most of the new games that have come out recently. I think TLJ, Siberia and most of those types are not what they are cracked up to be. Unfortunately too many people are satisfied with a poor game simply because they dont get too many chances to play adventures.

Whenever I say that the new games are crummy I am the one who gets harrassed in a pretty harsh manner. I got a temporary ban because I stated these very points in a thread. Tobacco told me I was setting a negative tone on the forums. In a thread with 4 attacks at me I am the one who was punished because someone reported my posts in the thread for being argumentative.

I read these forums for the old games and a few of the new ones like Runaway, BS4, and A Vampyre Story. If you want an enviornment where everyone has the same thoughts then you are about 70 years late and in the wrong country.

Just food for thought
It is possible to state your opinion without putting anyone down. You can say "I think Syberia is highly over-rated because of this, this and this...". It is the way you say things that makes your posts offensive - for instance, your parting shot at me, "If you want an enviornment (sic) where everyone has the same thoughts then you are about 70 years late and in the wrong country." I don't even know what you're referring to, but it's obvious that it was aimed at me. At the beginning you say, "Everyone here is differant (sic) and everyone has differing opinions." But my opinion isn't valid since it differs from yours? You just shot yourself in the foot there.

FGM