View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 03:49 PM   #1
Jacques l'aliéné
Flatulent Philanthropist

Default Does anyone know this about Telstar's Fable ?

Can anyone help me out please ?

For a while now I've been trying to find out how to distinguish between the original version of this game and a revised version which, as it's reported in a few places, such as here http://www.justadventure.com/thejave...Fable_PC.shtml, on The JAVE, has a more "satisfying" ending to the game.

It says that, not only is the ending different, but that the main character's name has been changed to Quickthorpe instead of Goodthorpe.

The trouble is that, as far as I can see, the really nicely designed book-style box is the same for both versions, which leaves me with a problem whenever I see the game advertised on eBay when the sellers (always, so far when I've asked), know nothing about the game and, therefore, nothing about what I'm asking.

I know the game isn't thought of as being a good game by many who've played it but, as I'd like to give it a go, and play the one with the slightly better ending, I'd really like to know if there's any way to distinguish between the two versions if I'm ever to bid on one on eBay someday. I would like to buy it and not just play it as a download IF it exists as freeware.

So . . . . that my quandary. Does anyone know of any glaring differences in the packaging, or the wording on the box, of the two versions or have I got to persevere, and hope that, one day, I'll find a seller who's actually played it and can tell me for sure if it's the "more satisfying" ending version ?

Thanks for taking time to read this long-winded call for help.

J.