View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 02:43 PM   #1
MartyNg

Default How's the Playstation 2 for adventure games?

Greetings. This is my first post on these forums. I grew up with SQ, PQ, KQ, etc...and then took a break from gaming for a while. Now my wife and I have been playing adventure games together for the past few years. With work and school both being crazy, my game time is extremely limited. As such, I like to play games that my wife enjoys watching. She's loved the following games:

XBOX - Dreamfall (ouch.....what a frustrating ending to a fantastic game!)
XBOX - Indigo Prophecy
XBOX - Broken Sword 3

Up next after the holidays, we're going to play
XBOX - Syberia
XBOX - Syberia II

I've never played Playstation 2, but I was wondering if you guys think there are enough adventure games to make it worth the purchase of the system. I know there's a Monkey Island game. Are there any other quality PS2 adventure games? (The less fighting the better...no RPGs please.....those are great in my book, but not my wife's!)

Also, she enjoys platformers, but not as much as adventure games. Examples:
GC- Zelda: Wind Waker
GC - Metroid Prime
XBOX - Sphinx
XBOX - Beyond Good and Evil
XBOX - Psychonauts

She almost got into Fable and Morrowind for XBOX, but they got a little too involved and she lost interest.

Anything good for us on the PS2, or have our adventure gaming days come to an unfortunate end? (I do have a modified XBOX though - I know SCUMM games are playable on that, but my wife likes to see good graphics)

Thanks for any advice!