View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 08:01 AM   #43
pinkgothic
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak View Post
It seems you're mostly referring to me,
Not at all. More things like this:

Quote:
Wow. That's effed up. They even shot his dog? That cop must have been waiting in line for a PS3 too and didn't get one.
Quote:
The police apparently shot the guy for no apparent reason and this is not acceptable at all.
Quote:
We're living in a police state. People are expendible.
Quote:
I just see this as another example of police brutality.
=> the guy who committed the crime is innocent until proven guilty, but not the cops. It seems it's okay to have that mindset, as long as the person being criticised is part of the establishment? (I exaggerate, but responses like that had me staring at my screen in wonder)

Hm.

Of course, comments on both articles seem to often be to that effect, too, (though that's unrelated to my post, I made it before I read the article comments) especially those on the first one:

Regarding article comments - I read a few pages, it amused me in a cynical way that people couldn't fathom the slightest reason a dog might get shot. Nevermind dogs are sometimes even kept solely so they'll defend a premise. But no, the poor, poor dog, what could it possibly have done wrong? And instead, the evil, evil policemen, there is obviously no reason this could have been an unfortunate accident.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™