View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 01:51 PM   #1880
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I just saw Eragon. While not completely true to the book (some things they *couldn't* transfer, like the Dragon roost in the fortress of the Varden, which was a giant star sapphire rose above the city. It would have been hard to make that look good. I like how they did it instead, though.), the movie was still awesome.

Some little facts they left out. While not absolutely necessary for the plot, it would still have been nice if they had mentioned them. Also, in the move Saphira names herself, while in the book Eragon has to *find* Saphira's name (It's a quite funny conversation between the two in the book. Eragon starts off with suggesting male dragon names he got from Brom's books to Saphira (that name is also one from Brom's books), until he realises that Saphira is a female dragon!. Another thing they did not mention in the movie about Saphira's name is that (quite a revelatory spoiler follows)

Spoiler:
Saphira was also the name of Brom's dead dragon.

All in all, a great movie. Now I feel up to reading the second book in the series, "Eldest" again.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

Last edited by Jazhara7; 12-13-2006 at 04:05 PM.