View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 03:19 PM   #1869
guyver1

Send a message via AIM to guyver1 Send a message via Yahoo to guyver1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureSuitedLooney View Post
I just got back from Deja Vu.

Ok, bad joke...posting twice for the deja vu pun....didn't like the second half much...spoilers and a rant:

Spoiler:
Okay, so you're an ATF agent who works on a team that can look back 4 days into the past. You want to save the woman whose corpse you've seen in the morgue. Fine, okay, I can buy that...she's the romantic lead for him, so that makes some sense. But having him go back, implicate himself in her death, leave A LOT of dna and external evidence that tells investigators that he was there...ugh. And it gets worse, creating a HUGE paradox in the film.

He dies saving her. Not only that, but his body's in her car...AND his present self meets her at the crime scene at the end. Hell, there's even a line in the film, about what might happen in you saw your own body at the morgue. PLUS, they go driving off at the end...meaning he doesn't stay at the crime scene, doesn't investigate further, doesn't get involved with Val Kilmer's "team". If so, then how can he save her in the first place? If he never meets Kilmer, he never gets involved in time travel to begin with!

Ugh, the whole thing gives me a headache. And don't get me started on the helmet...that'll be a whole new rant! lol
I though it was a funny idea it made me laugh