View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 12:21 PM   #1864
omloflump
The Impostor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain View Post
Hmmm... What this is the sentence that leaves me with a question, and that question is: Why won't you be seeing Apocalypto? Is it because the subject matter simply doesn't interest you? Perhaps the trailers put you to sleep? Or is it a dislike for Gibson, either as a man or a filmmaker? From what you said in your post I get the feeling it has nothing to do with his anti-Jew outburst, but I just wanted to clarify.
Well, yes, the subject matter doesn't particularly interest me (even though I've recently studied it) and I don't have any fondness for Gibson as a filmmaker. In short, I have no reason to see it. It sounds rather tedious to me. I'm much less cinema-active nowadays, so I certainly wouldn't bother sitting through Apocalypto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
Gibson may have a hidden dislike for Jews, but the alcohol is what brought out those insane allegations.
Though perhaps the allegations themselves spawned from his father, who travels around America denying the Holocaust. But yes, regardless of his views on the matter, he wouldn't have said it had not the alcohol removed his tact.