View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 10:07 AM   #1862
Once A Villain
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by omloflump View Post
But this is certainly an interesting issue. Personally, I would judge Apocalypto on its own merit if I were to see it (I won't, though), and I have no problem watching Woody Allen or Polanski films...
Hmmm... What this is the sentence that leaves me with a question, and that question is: Why won't you be seeing Apocalypto? Is it because the subject matter simply doesn't interest you? Perhaps the trailers put you to sleep? Or is it a dislike for Gibson, either as a man or a filmmaker? From what you said in your post I get the feeling it has nothing to do with his anti-Jew outburst, but I just wanted to clarify.

Personally, I find child molestation to be more offensive than a drunken outburst against any race or religion, in which case watching a Gibson film would be a walk in the park compared to viewing a Polanski. Besides, while it doesn't make Gibson's actions any more tolerable, he was obviously drunk. His comments were incredibly outrageous... For a sober man to yell such things he would require an I.Q. frighteningly close to Forrest Gump levels. Gibson may have a hidden dislike for Jews, but the alcohol is what brought out those insane allegations.