View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 04:00 PM   #1816
Once A Villain
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
I read about his death and thought it was sad but I wasn't terribly surprised. He was 81 and in poor health and I moved on. I am sure that there have been people who have died that have really affected me that you may have not even given a shit about either (and it's not that I don't care but I've moved on already-sue me). But I am not you. And it pisses me off when someone tries to guilt me into trying to feel what they do. So please knock it off. You want to mourn, I am not criticizing you for doing so but please don't complain because people aren't feeling the way you do.
Hmmm... I think, perhaps, you took his comment too seriously Melanie. I don't think he meant it's wrong to say nothing or feel, relatively, nothing. I think his point was that on this particular board, where movies are the topic, it seems a bit surprising that more haven't offered a reaction. After all, Altman was considered one of the greatest living American filmmakers. The subject of this thread is what inspired that post by Spiwak, as Altman recently had a new film released. I don't believe he meant to offend anyone.