View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 12:34 PM   #14
Panthera
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries323 View Post
HI

I don't why amazon.com doesn't ship to Israel. Maybe it has something to with restrictions against selling techonoly to the wrong people....

Or it could be that junkface might be right...
Eh, um, what?

My political viewpoints aside, Israel has been viewed as an "European" country for many years.. They compete in eurovision, etc. I seriously doubt that America has any trouble dealing with Israel, especially since that have several high-profiled (and high-powered) sionistic organizations there..

The only reason they don't ship to Israel must be publishing restrictions, as Junkface said..

Edit: Oh and looking at Amazon.com's shipping site, it says it sends to all over the world.. I quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon.com
Amazon.com gladly accepts orders from all around the globe. Available product lines, shipping rates and fees may vary depending on the deliver address for your order.

To see the shipping rate information specific to your order's destination, click the link for your region at the bottom of this page under the heading "Related Topics."

Items from Amazon Marketplace can be shipped to several international regions, but cannot be shipped to Africa, Island Nations, Israel, Latin America, or the Middle East. Read more about Amazon Marketplace shipping rates.

Restrictions

The following items can be shipped to almost all destinations outside the U.S.:

* books*
* DVDs
* music
* VHS videos

Additionally, some software, tools, video games, jewelry, sporting goods, consumer electronics and kitchen items can be shipped to the following countries:

Australia, Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Taiwan, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Arab Emirates
International shipping
This site details information on shipping to Israel

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Last edited by Panthera; 11-18-2006 at 12:46 PM. Reason: adding lots of stuff