View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 08:35 AM   #1795
Once A Villain
OUATIJ Creator

Well, crap... I guess I just did exactly what a person isn't supposed to do, and that's getting others excited about a movie so they risk being let down. I will say this... The story is still very Bond-like (meaning there's not a whole lot of plot), but the characters make the movie. Bond is just more interesting this time around, and the Eva Green character is one of the best "Bond girls" ever precisely because she's not like all the other Bond girls; a trait this new Bond sees in her as well.

This Bond still has a way with the ladies, likes nice clothes, nice cars, etc. But he's more dangerous than any previous Bond. When he explodes it's like some demon has been unleashed. There are very clearly two sides to his character. He can give and accept love, but he can also pretend that side doesn't exist and deal out immense amounts of punishment. This Bond is just more complex.

The movie is to the Bond series what Batman Begins was to the Batman series. Don't expect a perfect movie by any means. But do expect a nearly perfect BOND movie. At least, in my opinion.