View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 03:08 AM   #9
marsan

Sam & Max - Hit's the road is maybe one of the most absurd games out there. At least it is more logical than many adventure games released at this time. I remember most of the stuff you had to combine to solve the puzzles were highly illogical and from a modern point of view they can appear as not as much fun as they ones were.

Still, that was part of what made Sam & Max - Hit's the road so much fun to play. It was crazy and insane. Most scenes included things that wouldn't have worked in the real world(like the gigantic ball of twine). The whole concept was that of a crazy cartoon. The humour was hillarious, and I was just sitting there and waiting for the next scene. Anyway, with todays games the goal of a game has changed very much. Compared with modern games this game can both appear as illogical and without a true plot. Or at least a very thin plot. Still, the style of the game... sam & max... the hillariousness... the crazy people... all the things that make you feel like you are captured in some crazy world makes it a lot more fun!

The puzzles are a bit more logical than other adventure games at the time, and you don't always have to try on random to find out all that matches. It still gives it a certain feeling that at least I grew both to love and hate. Love for the style of the game, and characters... and all that part which makes you keep playing a game, and hating for the illogical puzzles and constantly being stuck because my mind was looking for logical solutions. Sam & Max ain't much logical people...

Last edited by marsan; 11-06-2006 at 03:14 AM.