View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 08:26 AM   #1
Kharn

Default Text Adventure Fans!!! Please Read!!

Firstly id like to say hello to you all.. and this is a little lengthy but im sure youll cope ..

But back to this post.. Im 21years old and currently reside in the UK.. I remember when i was younger i owned an Amiga computer and thought it was incredible.. And to some.. Its laughable now but i was so addicted to such point click adventures like Monkey Island and Simon the Sorcerer.. Aswell as other games.. But one "genre" i really loved (even though i was young) was the text based adventure games such as "Hitchikers Guide.." , "Zork Series" and other such classics.. And i still am!!..

I was firstly wondering who here also loved these series of games?.. I understand that with PS3 and Xbox 360 bringing games to life like we never thought possible.. although exciting and as much as i love these consoles myself.. i still have never lost the love for the classics i played when i was younger espeically he text adventures..

Secondly i wanted to make aware to these fellow fans of a petition i have started.. the petition takes a minute or so to fill out.. nothing complicated.. and the petition itself was made by myself to outline the importance of these text adventure games.. Like i said.. with the next gen consoles swamping the gamer market and a new generation of gamers it seems these old classics are dead and buried.. and this petition is to make known that there is still alot of people (i hope) that would love to see these great text adventure games brought back for download for free by the companys that designed them.. i dont see the point in them wasting away and being forgotten.. and if like myself you have the old computers they were once played on but no longer work.. what do these companys have to lose? these games are no longer in development so they wouldnt be losing money.. once the petition is gathering signatures i will be sending it along with coverng letter to one of the largest text based adventure companys that dominated the market and i hope they might see what appeal there classics still hold.. and in return see these games made available for FREE download on the internet so we can all relive these classics..

If your interested jsut click this link and sign the online petition here :

http://www.petitiononline.com/infocom/petition.html

Thank you for taking the time to read this and even more thanks to those that support the cause..
And if you have any questiosn feel free to PM me ..

Signed

K

Last edited by Kharn; 11-05-2006 at 08:32 AM.