View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 04:25 AM   #44
Trumgottist
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
If that was the case this is a strange way of ranking games. I'd better read your links again to understand this better.
That's what makes the system so good. If we're comparing different people's top ten lists in the "normal" way, we don't know how much of the differences are because of people having different taste, or if it is that people haven't played the games yet. If I look at my own top ten, it's quite possible - even likely - that GK1 and The Pandora Directive (for example) belong there. I don't know, because they're still in my pile of (mostly) unplayed games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blondebeard View Post
I wish I had the time but I will go 10 deep.
That was eleven, but that's ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
So when [...] is this thing being compiled?
Not yet for a while. People are still adding to this thread, and the more people adding to it, the better.

To those that haven't posted in this thread yet: Listing everything you've played is not a requirement, only encouraged. If all you want to say is "I like Grim Fandango better than Myst", "Myst pwns GF", "Simon 3d is better than Simon 1 and 2" or something like that, that's just as valid input as a list of 50 games. The later will influence the final results more, but your opinion will count just as much as everyone else's when it comes to comparing those two or three games you listed.

Last edited by Trumgottist; 11-04-2006 at 04:51 AM.