View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 08:26 AM   #53
maladroid
self-distracted

Send a message via MSN to maladroid

I think the main quality of Culture Shock, missing from most recent adventures I laid my hands on, is the replay value of the game.
I spent a good 4-4.5 hours through it the first time, being sure to try everything that would probably generate a new response from the game before taking the appropriate action in order to move forward (also, I got stuck in the pcyshoanalysis sequence for some time, tangled up in a word wrestle with Sybil ). Since then, I find myself loading up the game every now and then in order to watch some cool sequence, repeat a witty dialogue or explore the possibilities of lost comments.
The last time I remember loading an adventure game for the sheer pleasure of repeated responses, was while going through Grim Fandango for the 3rd or 4th time, a couple of months ago. Same with Still Life but only to watch the beautiful videos through the menu.
This feature, along with the reasonable price of the Season package or even the individual episodes, goes a long way to counter the bitter taste of short length in Culture Shock for me.

Can't wait to experience more tales from the crew behind Sam and Max.

Proud supporter of Tex Murphy - Project Fedora