View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 07:32 PM   #6
ksweett

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokieman View Post
Have you tried Ankh? I too am a HUGE fan of all the old Lucas Arts games. Zack Mckracken and the Alien Mind Benders, Monkey Island 1,2,3,4 (Yes I liked them ALL. First two were the best though.) Indy Jones, Grim Fandango. etc.

I played Ankh and enjoyed it. It wasn't nearly as good as the old Lucas Arts stuff. (the Humor and detail weren't there.) But it came fairly close. The Puzzle's were a bit on the easy side.

I did not like Al Emmo. The main character's voice became extremely irritating after a short while and I felt the humor to be more of the Leisure Suit Larry type rather than the Monkey Island type. Also the game lacked a lot of detail for me.
I played Ankh a little while ago now and did enjoy it felt the same way as you though with the humour and detail all in all it was still a good game though.

I do seem to prefer the cartoony type adventure games I think it's for the 'old school' type games that put more time into the humour and puzzle's than the detail of the game itself. I'm actually in the process of trying to dig up a copy of Freddy Pharkas can remember bits and peices from playing it when it was released and from what I can remember it was a pretty good game. Would just really like to see what more of the newer Adventure games are rather than digging up all the old games I've already played quite a few times and finished.