View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 06:45 PM   #12
jokieman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiton! View Post
Well I highly disagree, the game was pretty weak. Yes the atmosphere was excellent, possibly one of the best ever, the gfx was great, the whole woods in the dark thing, perfect, and abandoned diner, even more perfect.

But the atmosphere was not used as an advantage at all, this game could've been hella scary, but no, no scary moments at all, no suspense, no nothing.
Spoiler:
I mean the monester is a rock? what the hell, a rock?. After all those phone whispers, I was sure I was going to get one hell of a scare, but a flying rock???!!. When viewing the Video tapes, and the car parked, ... Bam a flying rock, I nearly laughed. That could've been a masterpiece moment if there were a proper intity

One more bad thing, the way the characters move (not you), what the? feels like a game from 1980.

Spoiler:
Since after a while of playing, u know ur character will not ever speak, so when he talks or calls some1, u know 100% something will happen, so that ur not in a situation to talk

This could've been one hell of a game imo, but it wasn't.
Yeah I have to agree,
Spoiler:
when I saw what happened to the people in the car at the gas station,
I completely lost interest in finishing the game. I went ahead for a while longer, but for me the game was over when I saw what I would be facing for the rest of the game.
Spoiler:
I also hated the lack of interaction between anyone and anything. All the dialogue was prescripted and I had no choice or say in the matter at all.