View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 06:20 AM   #13561
bulldog
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
I always thought that being manic depressive and bipolar where the same thing. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Ok Flyboy…… let me see if I can tell you like my Aunt told me without confusing my self again.

According to my Uncles doctor, Bipolar and manic depression can run together. Some of the symptoms are similar (according to my Aunts interoperation). My Uncle has (what the doctor call) Bipolar 1 – which means he has some of the hallucinations and he experience highs and lows (or has mixed episodes).

Doctors are now using manic depression and bipolar interchangeable with each other b/c sometimes they experience both. From my understanding “bipolar” it’s self is divided into many sub categories depending on symptoms.

* Now all of this is just my Aunts take on conversations that she had with my Uncles doctor and the information that she came upon herself*

So to answer your question Flyboy, I (personally) would say yes they are the same in some ways. I hope that helped, I don’t know if I’m more confused now or less for trying to explain it. But I hope that helped.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky