Adventure Forums - View Single Post - Recent movies seen
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 12:17 PM   #1747
Lucien21
Psychonaut

Thank you for Smoking

Probably one of the best films i've seen this year.

Who knew America could make such a great satire.

It was hilarious from Rob Lowes movie agent (EGO ) to the performance of Aaron Eckhart at the talk show I was busting a gut. I esp liked the bit when on a "what does my parent do" day at his kids school he cross examine this little girl who said her mommy said smoking was bad. - Is your mommy a doctor? no. She's hardly a credible witness then. :lol:

Funniest piece of American satire sine "American Psycho" although the death count is higher from smoking.

People, what is going on out there? I look down this table, all I see are white flags. Our numbers are down all across the board. Teen smoking, our bread and butter, is falling like a shit from heaven! We don't sell Tic Tacs for Christ's sake. We sell cigarettes. And they're cool and available and *addictive*. The job is almost done for us!

Nick Naylor: Right there, looking into Joey's eyes, it all came back in a rush. Why I do what I do. Defending the defenseless, protecting the disenfranchised corporations that have been abandoned by their very own consumers: the logger, the sweatshop foreman, the oil driller, the land mine developer, the baby seal poacher ...
Polly Bailey: Baby seal poacher?
Bobby Jay Bliss: Even *I* think that's kind of cruel.