View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 05:09 PM   #1
Josho
Third Guy from Andromeda

Default Callahan's Crosstime Saloon playable online for free (sorta)

Greetings,

There's a brilliant fellow named Michael Utke who has embarked on a great (and possibly unachievable) project: he's taking the game "Callahan's Crosstime Saloon" and is re-creating it online.

Now, so far, he only has the into cartoon and the first scene -- in the bar itself -- up and running. There is no voice/music/sfx, no inventory system implemented yet, and no animation (at least, not from what I can see), but the voice and gameplay from the first scene are all there. He's hoping, with whatever help he can get, to get as much of the game online as possible. And so far, it's free for the playing.

Spider Robinson has graciously given Michael his permission to do this (which would be absolutely necessary since the rights to Spider's material expired years ago). I've also given my blessing to the project. The rights to the game -- such as they are -- are in absolute limbo; they no longer belong to Mindscape or Take 2, they reverted to Legend, but Legend was bought by Atari. Yet only certain ASSETS of Legend were bought by Atari, and CCS was not among them.

Anyway, if you'd like to check it out, please proceed here.

Enjoy!

Josh Mandel