View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 05:32 PM   #54
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udvarnoky View Post
You can't do that without redesigning at some level, and I don't know if that's possible if you're at the polishing stage. Maybe Jake or Emily could clarify that...I know the engine is supposed to make changes really easy, but that seems kind of fundamental. The release date for episode 2 may be December but that doesn't mean that's what the internal deadline for it is.
Episodes 2 and 3 will be out Telltale's door several weeks before that December release date. Plus, voice recording for episode 2 has already taken place, and I think parts of episode 3 as well.

That said, there are ways that puzzles can be tweaked to make them harder or easier near the end of production. It happened with Culture Shock, based on player feedback at playtesting, and I'm sure it'll happen with these episodes too. But it's probably true that if the team wanted to majorly change the game design based on what people are saying about Culture Shock it probably wouldn't happen until ep4.

Luckily most of the reviews I've read (which is all of them!) don't suggest that huge, major, massive redesigns are necessary.