View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 06:40 AM   #35
Ariel Type
LA-S-LE

Marek
I wasn't expecting anything like that from Telltale. I was expecting something of the Bone 2 quality (which, in my opinion, is the best shareware adventure so far). But while the game succeeded in graphics and humor (which are better then those in Bone), it felt short on story, puzzles and overall gameplay. It is too casual for my taste.
I wouldn't be complaining if it was "some game from some company". But it is Sam & Max! There was S&M Hit the Road, wonderful adventure that succeeded in every way (both story, puzzles, length, gameplay etc.). There was ment to be Freelance Police, one of the most anticipated adventures of XXI century. I can't judge Cultural Shock without taking in mind those two.
So, even if I didn't have to play it for review purposes, I'd still buy it, just to see Sam & Max rise again.

By the way, here's a quote from Eurogamers review:
Quote:
Sam & Max: Episode One: Culture Shock is a wonderful piece of entertainment, and easily the best adventure game since the days of Grim Fandango
If this is "the best adventure game" in their opinion, it means the game should be perfect in every aspect (not just "fun" factor), which is a lie.