View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 06:59 PM   #28
Once A Villain
OUATIJ Creator

This was an enjoyable game, and it's worth the $8.95 or getting a GameTap membership (since GameTap is awesome anyhow). I beat the game twice today. The first time I really explored and took everything in...I think it took me somewhere between 2 hours 15 minutes and 2 and a half hours. The second time was purely for speed (already knowing solutions to everything, etc.), and I finished it in 37 minutes. So I got about 3 hours out of Sam And Max today, and that's well worth the movie ticket price.

The game has good production values, including graphics that look better than the screenshots suggest (I played at 1600x1200 resolution), some very fitting music, and solid voice acting. I agree with all the people whining about the game being a bit too easy, that's true. There were really only 5 locations in the game, but there still could have been more to do within them on the puzzle front. Don't get me wrong, as I've said twice already, I feel that I got my money's worth even had I paid $8.95 instead of just being a member of GameTap. Still, I wish there had been more than 6 or 7 items in the whole game, and maybe at least one or two puzzles that weren't inventory or dialogue tree based. I also wouldn't have minded being able to combine items.

Oh well, overall a fun game and I really enjoyed some of the humor. Off the top of my head, I remember really liking some of the movie references. Go figure. Heh.

Like:

Spoiler:
"I like my coffee green. Like my men." LOVED THAT! Any Airplane! fan would enjoy that one. In Airplane! a little white girl on the plane says of coffee, "I like it black. Like my men." Ha ha.

and

I personally thought I saw an Ed Wood reference here. If anyone can let me know for sure if that's what it was, let me know...

In Plan 9 From Outer Space a guy says: "Future events such as these will affect you, in the future." Ha ha, horrible.

Then in Sam and Max Brady Culture says: "I will be universally known, throught the universe!" LOL.

Last edited by Once A Villain; 10-18-2006 at 12:50 AM.