View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 02:03 AM   #5
jp-30

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolade View Post
I mean if its only two hours if gameplay so short and on cd whats the hype ?
It's SAM and FREAKING MAX.

Quote:
Im waiting for it too. But where is the game ?
Gametape, then shortly after Telltalegames.com. Then my PC.

Quote:
Two hours ?! so in another words if ill want to play it as an adventure ill have to wait for another year to buy it on dvd all episoes.
No. You can play it as an adventure as soon as it is released. You can try and play it as an FPS or an RTS, but I doubt it'll be as much fun.

And you may get through it (as an adventure) in 2 hrs if you rush, and maybe use hints & online help if you get stuck. Suggestions are it is quite a bit longer that 2 hours if you play "normally" and don't get outside assistance.

And what's this 'wait a year' stuff? The CD will come out (for FREE (ex-p&p) to those who have bought the season downloads) shortly after the last episode is available, and that's in APRIL 2007.

Quote:
Thats bad.
No, it's good. You know how many games I'va abandoned because work and kids and life get in the way? I can afford a few hours out of my hectic life to play a video game every month, but I can't seem to stick with longer games.

Quote:
Why will ppl pay and waste lot of time to download just to play 2 hours ?!
Uhh, why wouldn't they. Quality, not quantity.

Quote:
And then waiting for another month .....

Even tv series is once a day or once a week and not once a month.
Yes, but this isn't a TV series. This is interactive. And by an independant new(ish) game company who's trying a model that will actually make Adventure games viable again.

Anyway, in between episodes will be animated shorts, so it's only a 2 week wait between Sam & Max fixes, even if onle every other one is playable.

But after all that, if this style of gaming freaks you out too much, nobody's forcing you to try it...