View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 09:18 AM   #253
Jatsie
Lovable rogue

So, my night as I promised:

It didn't start off too well, I had arranged to meet up with some people, but we hadn't really specified a time, so I turned up at approximately 9:15, and the others arrived at 10. Normally the prospect of waiting alone in a bar for a significant amount of time would have been incredibly unappealing to me, but strangely I wasn't that bothered last night. I just sat at a table and nursed a couple of drinks whilst watching the door.

The bar was having a "hits of the 70s, 80s & 90s" night, so the group of us decided to crash it, and turned it into an impromptu gay event.

At first we were the only ones on the dance floor, dancing and singing along to the cheesiest of the cheesy from decades gone by. My friend, who's camp as Christmas bless him, was shocked that I knew the lyrics to some of the songs that even he didn't. He's such a riot, at one point a smoke machine suddenly came on, and as this cloud of gas emerged above our heads he brought hands to his face in a look of faux shock and screamed "Auschwitz!!" I couldn't stop laughing.

The night had many high points musically, we all had fun with The Weather Girls and It's Raining Men, the low point had to be when we were dancing to Rick Astley, that's just cringe worthy.
For any fans of The Hoff, they played the theme to Baywatch, and the wasn't the only piece of TV music, we got down to Hawaii Five-O as well.

I met a girl who told me she had a cute friend who would "like my look", then she asked if I had a MySpace so she could introduce us - which I don't - so that was the end of that.

There's nothing significant that happened to mention, it was a typical fun night - music, dancing, liquor - and I had a hoot and a half.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena