View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 12:40 PM   #200
Jelena
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgothic View Post
I'm very thin and am underweight, but not in the least anorexic - yet I've now reached a point where I'm concerned about my health as by nutrients. I've had various plans to eat properly twice a day (instead of snack across the day and one properly in the evening), they've not stood the psychological test of time.
Me and my mom have always been really thin as well. But I've always had quite of an appetite, but still didn't gain weight until I had my children and even better after I turned 40.
Your concern is different.
Quote:
What's caused my concern is that my stomach seems unable to cope well with food lately, and gets bloated up with air with alarming frequency (to the point where my stomach feels hard when nudged at with my fingers).
First I think you should see a doctor as Bulldog and Trep said and do some tests for allergies. I don't know how much dairy products you eat, they can cause problems. My mom turned out to be allergic to lactose which means she must avoid milk, cream and such products. Anyway, she had pretty much the symptoms of her stomach that you're explaining.
Quote:
Can anyone give me an idea how I can motivate myself to eat more than my body (wrongly) suggests I need? I'm rather afraid of losing any more weight, to the point that BoyToy has had to "soothe" me that we'll get a means to weigh me and "prove that I'm not losing weight".
I guess your current life situation (I don't know much about your life situation when I think about it.) allows you to have these habits of snacking and only eating properly once a day. Get a kid! No, I'm just kidding. I just found my life got much better when it comes to eating habits when I had to think about others than myself. Perhaps you and BoyToy can make some agreement to have at least two meals together. It's always nice to have a meal together with someone. I don't know if it will help your lack of appetite for food, but I do believe that proper meals will give you more of the nutritios carbs, vitamines and proteines than snacking.

Take care of yourself pinksie!
Let us know what happens!
Lena