View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 10:18 AM   #186
pinkgothic
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

*abuses thread as means to get advice*
[Careful, some annoying medical stuff you may not want to read - nothing gruesome, but it might still be TMI? I'd rather disclaimer it than not, anyway.]

Hi community,

I've got a problem. The problem is that I don't eat enough - I'm simply rarely hungry, and I rarely eat if I'm not hungry. I'm very thin and am underweight, but not in the least anorexic - yet I've now reached a point where I'm concerned about my health as by nutrients. I've had various plans to eat properly twice a day (instead of snack across the day and one properly in the evening), they've not stood the psychological test of time.

Can anyone give me an idea how I can motivate myself to eat more than my body (wrongly) suggests I need? I'm rather afraid of losing any more weight, to the point that BoyToy has had to "soothe" me that we'll get a means to weigh me and "prove that I'm not losing weight".

Mind, I'm not concerned about how I look - I look as healthy as a couch potato can look (very fair skin), if unusually thin; my bones don't protrude unhealthily. What's caused my concern is that my stomach seems unable to cope well with food lately, and gets bloated up with air with alarming frequency (to the point where my stomach feels hard when nudged at with my fingers).

Maybe I'm fretting over nothing, but knowing I'm underweight as by WHO (as is my mum - we both don't eat very much because we don't get hungry easily), I feel this frequency of stomach issues is something I can't just ignore.

Advice, anyone?
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™