View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 10:58 PM   #83
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

To the sensuous German in Honolulu who expressed a great sadness that I was far away from him, I wrote:

Quote:
you're one of the most delicious men i've ever met, K. the feeling is far more piquant at this point in my life, now that i've experienced so many things - pleasure, ecstacy, sadness, limbo, agony, hunger, desire, satiety. it's because of these experiences that a man like you sharpens into focus for me while other men blur and become pale and washed out.

i think that, beyond just sex, to simply lie with you would be like a great sigh, and to press my face in your chest as you smile down at me would be like the world relaxing its shoulders.
I find it amazing how technology - despite detractors claiming that it creates distance between people and propagates hermetic lives - can actually invite that much more intimacy between people who are otherwise separated from each other by great distances.

And is that any different at all from the letters written by friends and lovers during the Renaissance, or postcards sent from a sister or aunt travelling in France?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien