View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 09:17 AM   #75
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

Dear Aggie

I need some advice. It's high drama time here in Limbo, or at least it's threatening to do that. My guitar player got married a little over a year ago (a couple months before me), but where I married a responsible, conscientious, self-sacrificing woman of character and distinction, he made the mistake of marrying a woman with an extremely dodgy personality, who has basically been lying to him from day one.

They recently took an old friend as a roommate. This roommate has been taking her out to all kinds of places without Gary. This guy also recently agreed to help a friend of ours start his new business, by co-signing for the 8K loan. Not a serious problem for this guy (union boilermaker). But when our buddy came back from the bathroom, this guy had completely changed his tune. No deal, no dice, bad business plan (even though several professionals had already agreed that it looked great). The suspect; my guitar player's wife, who had tagged along for this little meeting. Two words: bull shit.

There have been other rumours, which I won't utter to be fair to my guitar player. However, we're all starting to think it's time to move our gear out of his basement, while he still has some claim to said basement. We're detecting warning signs, and we're not sure if we're overreacting, but it does look really bad from this distance, and he hasn't said a word to me about any of it.

Anyway, guitar player and I have ameeting in a few minutes, where I explain to him why we're going to be moving the gear out of the basement until we can find a new place to rehearse and jam. From now on until then, it's songwritign sessions here in Limbo for the three of us, and Derrick will either have to get practice pads, or help me find jam space until Gary gets a new job. And preferably, a new place to live. Without the harpy he married.

Thanks for listening, Aggie.