View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 06:11 PM   #48
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
And with that thought, I bid you adieu, AG Community Blog. And to a certain number one fan of mine who I'm sure is going to post in here right after me, hello, and how are things?
Sorry to keep waiting, darling.

I'm perhaps a little less cranky now than I have been through most of the day. I had a client basically reject a number of my more subtle design methods, figuring there was somehow something wrong with overlapping and contrast and colour selection and other fun things that apparently only us artsy folk understand and appreciate. As the work had to be at the printers before close of business, I pushed to get an Okay on the work by basically implementing every weak little request made at lightning speed, and only sacrificing subtlety and my artistic pride to do so. I'll have my revenge when I present her with the invoice.

As you've expressed a preference for feelings over minutiae, I should say that I'm feeling harried and out of sorts, and I really think I could do with a long, quiet snuggle somewhere watching a movie and relaxing. However, I have to make dinner, finish doing some favours for fellow artists, and look over revisions for another part of the gig I mentioned above.

So I'm going to stop talking about work and mention that one of the nicest conversations I've had in ages occurred last night witha very darlign lady whom I hope to speak with again very soon. I hope she's doing well.