View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 11:29 AM   #39
Jatsie
Lovable rogue

Because I know how much you all care about me (so much so, that you just couldn't stop enquiring about my absence whilst I was indisposed last week ) I shall regale you with my exploits of yester eve.

I met up with a group of fellow homosexuals, and with them paid my first ever visit to a gay bar, in fact three, well two, the last one was a club, oh and one was a lesbian bar, but the less said about that the better...

I must say, I didn't find the bars that interesting, they were just like regular bars, although I'm not really sure what I was expecting.

After the bars we went to the club, and it was the only club I've been to that actually played decent music, which was a huge positive. I recognised the majority of the songs, and of those I have most on my mp3 player. They played Madonna, Michael Jackson, Diana Ross & The Supremes, Patti LaBelle, Lionel Richie, Cheryl Lynn, Earth Wind & Fire, I even did the dance to the Village People's Y.M.C.A. and it totally made my night when I heard Whitney Houston's I Wanna Dance With Somebody. There were loads more that I can't remember, but I didn't realise that I apparently have quite a gay music collection, hehe.

The drinks, of which I had quite a few, were absolutely lethal, as were the prices, £4.50 for a Jack Daniel's and coke!

It was pretty crazy, there was a pole in the corner of the room, and occasionally a couple of guys would get up and dance around it, which was a gas to watch.

The lavatories were labelled "The Powder Room" which I thought was nice, as I've been known to use that expression myself.

As the night went on it got a little raunchy, and there were guys making out on the dance floor, now I'm not a big fan of PDAs, but they were hot so I forgave them, hehe.

I met some nice guys in the group I went out with, and some real characters too. One guy who went by the nickname "Flimsy" turned up in leopard print stilettos and skinny jeans that were patently women's, lol.
I got chatting to a guy called Eric, who's half Chinese and used to live in Hong Kong. I hung out with him for most of the night, he was really friendly, and talkative too, which balanced out my ineptitude with small talk. I'm meeting him for coffee on Friday, he's not really my type, but I'm only looking for a friend anyway, so all is well.

A couple of the guys I met mentioned that they thought I was really straight acting, and said they wouldn't have known I was gay if I wasn't where I was, which I took as a compliment.

I finally staggered back home at 3.30am, lol.

So that was my night, I had loads of fun and I can't really think of anything else to add.

This has been a presentation of Jat316sob News, we hope you enjoyed the broadcast, which was brought to you by Altoids, the curiously strong mint.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena