View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 07:34 PM   #31
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

Dear Aggie:

I'm supposed to be writing at the moment. I've reviewed the material I wrote a couple of months ago to finish off the first act, and have commenced the second. Except that, really, I haven't. I've written a title. It's not even mine, really. It's actually a title from a song by Marillion, called Season's End. I've been wanting to borrow that title for some time, and find myself with a reason now. However, I'm having trouble deciding which perspective and whose point of view to start in.

So instead, I've gone in search of information on a friend's World of Warcraft character, to see if I could suss out what rank her main is at. I failed, but then logged onto LiveJournal to find an announcement by her husband that she has in fact reached 60 today. This was what I'd hoped for.

Now I'm thinking I need to start writing, but what I really want is to have a long chat with a friend that I'm still trying to get to know better. Sadly, this is probably not what I should be doing, but I'm lonely, despite the fact that my wife is sitting about five feet away from me with her back turned to me, playing WoW herself. *shrug*

I noodled a little with my writing journal today (added another userpic and contemplated a new look, but stuck with the old one, and just added links), making certain entries a little easier to find, and addign a friend whom I'd like to share a few pieces of original fiction with, to see what she thinks. Vanity, really, I know the stuff is pretty good. Probably just trying to impress her. Silly, really. See what loneliness and frustration with work does to a guy?

Anyway, the IM toys are running, so I'm about as availablbe for chat as I ever am (to the very few I care to talk to in Real Time), which isn't much. I may write a lot, but I'm actually pretty quiet in real life.

Have a good night, Aggie.