View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 09:41 PM   #12
Zlatko
Jugosloven

Default People Who Finished Broken Sword 4. What do you think?

I finished the game at 6:13 pm today..i had to go out and help my friend swap out a differential out of his car today so i would have written this a lot sooner today.

The game, is a little bit sketchy..and i will give you my reasons for this..

Let's start out with the good points...k, first of all..the graphics were obviously superiour, it felt a little bit too polished around the edges..what i mean by this is that the skins for certain objects were too reused, like if you're at an apartment block, you;d think they're would be certain parts of the building that are different than the others (ie stains, wearing paint), and certain pieces were too easily to spot, like i see crates..and i IMMEDIATELY know that im supposed to climb.

Having said that, i guess this game was a bit more oriented towards the amateur adventure gamer (ive played everything from loom to runaway and mi4) than an experienced player.

Certain things were too obvious, like having to climb and jump to certain places, it felt more like i was playing prince of persia than broken sword.

Spoiler:

The plot was a little bit sketchy in the sense that there were TOO many players involved in the plot...i mean..mafia? vatican? and where the HELL did nico come from? I mean really? some guy called her to an airport, gave her the costume and that's it? WTF? They didnt even say what she had been doing since BS3 (which btw i just played and beat for the first time 2 days ago, i know im sorry, i was busy) and BS4.

Spoiler:

Another thing i cant understand, is why is it that nico and george always seem to dance around each other but never make any sort of significant move on each other. Did you see nico's reaction when maynard asked her if anna-maria was her friend? "NO I HATE HER", are you serious lady? It's like the same thing when George asked nico if anything had happened between her and the french guy in BS3. Why does the developer constantly have them dance around each other but never let them be truely together? It's a disgrace..It's been like 10 years since they met.

Anyways..i guess im just a little pissed off since the ending was so watered down and provided me with no real sense of closure or what has happened, or why.

Another thing i dont understand is, why the puzzles were so hard in certain places and yet so insignificantly easy in other places?

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 09-18-2006 at 12:33 AM.