View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 12:35 PM   #10936
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog
ok, I not trying to be an ass but, you’re telling me over there after sixth form it's like High School? correct?

Here you have first grade - sixth grade then middle school seventh and eighth grade, finally on to High School which is ninth (freshman), tenth (sophomore), eleventh (junior) and then twelfth (senior). Then once you graduate you go to college.
It's not Rob's fault you Americans can't tell the difference between going to university and going to school.

The latter is state-enforced education which you have to do by law (OK not so much for A levels I suppose but still heavily promoted at that stage)

The former is a way of being a lazy bum that can't get a real job without you actually being called a lazy bum that can't get a real job.

Of course, I'm speaking as someone who did two years of "being a lazy bum who can't get a real job" in Civil Engineering. Then I got a real job and ended up doing much more studying than I did at university AND having to fit it around my real job. (That would be the one Giligan doesn't believe in apparently)

I tell you, it's a good thing you're cute as well as American.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree