View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 05:03 PM   #20
Boneho Chane
Adventure Lover

Send a message via AIM to Boneho Chane

I think a simple way developers fix these problems is by having the main character not leave the room because he/she feels they're missing something.

Also, I was recently playing Blade Runner and was trying to get as many endings as I could with one save. In one situation
Spoiler:
I had decided to become a replicant and take off with the replicants at the moonbus. While talking the to replicant leader I took out my gun and started shooting at him repeatedly. The replicant next to him starting attacking me. I managed to kill both of them without dying and suddenly the game was stuck. Apparently, the amount of replicants in the room are depenant on how many you kill in the game. When I decided to shoot at the leader, it triggers all the replicants in the room to attack you and kill you. Since I had killed all the replicants in the game, I had no trouble staying alive. Because of this I was trapped in a room with no exit or anything. It would have been very disappointing if this happened during a normal playthrough because it happens literally at the very end of the game.

My friend also made a game with a dead end with a humorous solution. If you had managed to kill one of the monsters in which dying was required to progress, a message popped saying, "YOU LEET HAXZOR! U STUCK NOW! GAME OVER!" And then the credits game on. I laughed so hard when I saw it. On a normal basis it would have been impossible to defeat the monster, but he had placed an easter egg in the game that made it extremely easy to win ever battle.