View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 04:45 AM   #1552
Gordon Bennett

I recently saw all four Killer Tomatoes movies.

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes was funny in a campy, low-budget way. It was clearly made as a comedy, and worked well.

Return of the Killer Tomatoes was a bit different, but quite good. Still funny, but a bit more over the top with many self-referential jokes and asides. I actually prefer this to the original. George Clooney appears in this one, as does John Astin.

Killer Tomatoes Strike Back was awful. The tomatoes had faces and voices, which never quite seemed right. The storyline was dull and simplistic, and the jokes fell flat. The only thing worth watching in this was the return of John Astin. Even then, his performance was much less entertaining than in the prior film. A real disappointment.

Killer Tomatoes Eat France was slightly better than the third in the series. The setting, story, and comedy were a bit more inventive, but overall it was much the same. I suppose it is worth watching if you're curious and have nothing better to do with the small portion of your life that will pass by while watching it. Or if you want to know what happened to the actor who played Skippy on "Family Ties".