Old 08-15-2006, 09:16 AM   #59
LeisureSuitedLooney
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Overrated:

-TLJ
-both Syberia games
-most of the LA games

Underrated:

-MI3, the cartoony graphics, the voice-acting, the satire...this is my big exception to the usual LA indifference.

-Zork: Nemesis. People always complain about how dark and scary it was, but I LOVEd the game's atmosphere.

-Sierra games (at least on THIS site, lol)...to me, an adventure involves risk-taking, imaginative thinking used to solve problems, and the ability to provide an experience for EVERY type of player. Sierra did those in abundance. I especially always appreciated how the games appealed to varying interests.

Leisure Suit Larry and Space Quest appealed to my humorous side, King's Quest was a series I could play with my young nephews (without having to worry about content), the Shivers games appealed to Dad and I as horror fans...there was always something for everyone to like.

As far as the "deaths" go...I've said it before, but I'll say it again: they are adventure games! Adventures involve risks. Without the possibility of facing a threat around the corner, I'd probably feel the way I did when playing TLJ...pretty world, pretty boring. I mean, it's like saying, "Well, I like rollercoasters...just not the FAST ones." lol

Besides, many of those death scenes were damned entertaining. Where else could I see a knight on a quest get turned into a giant cookie? lol