View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 10:10 AM   #49
Jeysie
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

Overrated: Day of the Tentacle.

I'm not saying it's a bad game; it had solid design all around and I enjoyed it. But it just simply doesn't stick in my mind the way a lot of other adventures do, despite the fact that it has a rep of "Best adventure ever" in some circles of this place.

Overrated: Myst.

I also have to agree with this. Myst has the rare dishonor of being one of only two games that I never finished out of sheer boredom. (And considering that SimTower is the other... yeah.)

Underrated: The Dig.

I do think it's the weakest of the LA games I've played, but that's only because LA games in general are so good. Any other adventure game company would consider it one of their top offerings, and it was a good game.

Beautiful scenery, interesting characters (Brink is one of my fave adventure game characters ), creative puzzles, and an intriguing story. Oh, and I liked a great deal the cartoony cutscenes that lots of people seem to rag on.

Underrated: The Space Bar

Granted, this one isn't so much underrated as it is hardly anyone got to play it. The few who do and review it seem to get overly hung up on the turn limit (which, while definitely annoying, isn't a huge deal if you're careful).

But it has awesomely imaginative graphics (character design done by the same fellow who did the cantina aliens in Star Wars, IIRC), a lot of great voice acting (loved the "villain", the main character's partner, and his PDA's AI, especially), an intriguing plot, a lot of very creative puzzle and character design, and some seriously wicked and funny humor. Not to mention my favorite type of interface.

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."