View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 03:54 PM   #65
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
The PSP has a huge library, but a lot of its games are PS2 ports. I'd rather play the game on the PS2 where it looks better and is technically superior (PSP ports tends to take huge amount of load time, sometimes close to a minute, and the lack of a second thumb stick makes the controls of some games unwieldy.)
In all honesty, the load times are not as bad as people make them out to be. I have yet to wait around for a minute taking the game to load. Yeah, they can get annyoing sometimes, but as I said, samll price to pay. And the stuff about rather buying PS2 versions of games, funny thing about handhelds, they allow you to play those PS2 games ON THE THE GO. That's what makes it so awesome. You have these console-like games that can be played outside the house. That's why people who own one are 110% happy with it and were floored when they first took it out of the box.

Quote:
Another thing about PSP games is price. 49.99 for Burnout when it first came out is a hefty sum to pay for a handheld game. Compare that to the 34.99 for the most expensive DS game out there.
Apperntly, you didn't get the whole message of the "bang for your buck" thing. Burnout for PSP draws you in so much more than the DS could ever do, and lets look at this visual aid.

Which one looks like it will play best?

Quote:
I admire a lot of the other features of the PSP, but again they fall short. The UMD movies are gorgeous looking, but why would you pay $20 bucks for a UMD when you can pay the same price for a DVD movie.
Again, it's the idea of being able to watch a movie on a gorgeous screen with awesome sound and picture quality ON THE GO.

Quote:
And some UMD's cut out some scenes due to the 1.5 Gigs limitations. So no extra features/ some cut out scenes, for the same price. People started realizing it's not worth it,
Never happened to me.

Quote:
and if you read articles about it,UMD sales are suffering.
Not doubting that.

Quote:
As far as the PS1 library goes, that's cool, but again you can probably buy them cheaper off ebay and play them on your PS2 rather than download them from Sony.
The whole point is that's it's PORTABLE. You can play it anywhere.

Quote:
DS can play GBA games which you forgot to mention, and does not try to be a console in a handheld, but a very good handheld. It brings some innovation to the table
1) Yeah. Okay. It plays GBA games. But what's going to attract a gamer more? A handheld device that lets you play games from another handheld device, or playing PS1 games on a handheld? Yeah, thought so.

2) If you really think DS is more innovative than PSP, you are really turning a blind eye to anything positive about the PSP. Seriously, you think a touch screen or Ninentdogs is really more innovative than having a game machine with as much capability as the PS2 (in the case of games like Vice City stories, actually surpass the PS2), A near-flawless UMD movie player, internet capabilities and a great MP3 player all in one package, you are completely blind to what a handheld system can do.

Quote:
which people have appreciated judging by its sales numbers.
"The DS sells better, so it must be the better system." Awesome logic. Just like how the Dreamcast sucked ass 'cause it sold poorly.

Quote:
And I am yet to find any game on the PSP that can come close to the brilliance that is Advanced Wars.
In terms of strategy, Metal Gear Ac!d series. But of course you'll disagree with that no matter what.

Quote:
And one more thing, the PS2 is better than the cube. Not technically obviously, but as a gaming console, it definitely offers much more than the cube did.
Not according to DS fanboys.

Last edited by SamNMax; 08-05-2006 at 04:12 PM.