View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 12:37 PM   #64
SoccerDude28
Homer of Kittens

The PSP has its fair share of problems.

The PSP has a huge library, but a lot of its games are PS2 ports. I'd rather play the game on the PS2 where it looks better and is technically superior (PSP ports tends to take huge amount of load time, sometimes close to a minute, and the lack of a second thumb stick makes the controls of some games unwieldy.) Another thing about PSP games is price. 49.99 for Burnout when it first came out is a hefty sum to pay for a handheld game. Compare that to the 34.99 for the most expensive DS game out there.

I admire a lot of the other features of the PSP, but again they fall short. The UMD movies are gorgeous looking, but why would you pay $20 bucks for a UMD when you can pay the same price for a DVD movie. And some UMD's cut out some scenes due to the 1.5 Gigs limitations. So no extra features/ some cut out scenes, for the same price. People started realizing it's not worth it, and if you read articles about it, UMD sales are suffering.

As far as the PS1 library goes, that's cool, but again you can probably buy them cheaper off ebay and play them on your PS2 rather than download them from Sony.

DS can play GBA games which you forgot to mention, and does not try to be a console in a handheld, but a very good handheld. It brings some innovation to the table, which people have appreciated judging by its sales numbers.
And I am yet to find any game on the PSP that can come close to the brilliance that is Advanced Wars.

And one more thing, the PS2 is better than the cube. Not technically obviously, but as a gaming console, it definitely offers much more than the cube did.

Firefox rules