View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 08:16 AM   #9588
RLacey
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

5th August, 2006

I've realised that some people are at risk of finding my blog posts too interesting. Now, what that says about their respective lives is something that I'm not going to discuss at this moment - though I'd be worried - but I'm obviously going to have to plumb the depths of boredom itself (at least for the both of you who are still reading) in a bid to rid myself of you.

And you know what? I think I have the perfect plan.

I've been listening to the cricket. England are doing fairly well in the third test against Pakistan, but they need more wickets. Still, Ian Bell did a good job of getting to his hundred, and Harmison and Mahmood added a useful forty-two.

The Passion of the Christ is the latest DVD to be added to my collection. Why? I'm not entirely sure. I just felt like it.

And what else have I been up to? Well, not much. Sitting around feeling tired. Being disappointed that there's nobody that I want to pester hanging around on MSN. Waiting to possibly go and play badminton depending on how many people turn up.

The cricket is ace, though! Oh, how I love a nice bit of attritional cricket. The swish of willow, the sound of bat on ball, the eternal waiting for something to actually happen...

Hoggard is coming into bowl now. England are "waiting for something to happen" according to the radio commentators.

Cricket is great.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.