View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 10:23 PM   #52
Yonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurous One
Hmm, box art...... We wouldn't be planning a commercial release would we? Also, how much say does VU have in this? The fact that the release date might change due to what they want disturbs me.
While TribeHasSpoken answered this earlier, I should probably go into a bit more detail. We recently had a contest where anyone was able to submit whatever they liked in whatever media format they wished. We had some really excellent and creative entries, but this DVD cover was so professional that Say and I agreed, it literally was a cut above the rest. The fact that you mistook the entry as official, only proves what I'm saying.

If we were permitted to go commercial, we would not even consider this fan entry, as all official work product on this game is performed by our development team, Phoenix Online Studios. If you would like to see a sample of what would go on our box art if we were able to distribute this game physically, you can see the Shadows poster on the Trilogy page. That was designed by several sketch artists, 2D colourists, retouched by Cesar and final design layout by myself.

The poster was actually designed a year or two ago, and elements from it were used in the teaser released in May 2005 which announced our pre-VU "winter" release date. Obviously we weren't planning on VU to C&D us and cut into development time, but I'm certain most of our fans appreciate the journey beginning "this summer", as opposed to never.
http://www.tsl-game.com