View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 03:03 PM   #48
Yonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litrick
I mentioned this earlier - you cannot play the game using 1280 x 720, as is will not allow you to exit the caste at the beginning in the resolution.

I was pleasantly suprised to see the game supported it, but not so pleasantly suprised to see that the game didnt work correctly in that res. Just want to know if the final game will support that res?

Cheers
It should. I think I know the reason why it doesn't work at that resolution. 1280x1024 is not proportional to 1024x768 and 800x600 (if it were, it would be 1280x960). Because it's not proportional, UI screens (including the one that captures your mouse click) will not automatically stretch to the same width and height on that particular resolution. While it is possible for me to add code to force it to a particular size, I do not consider this a serious defect that's worth all this effort.

Alternatively, the mouse-click capture UI screen may be fine, but the walk node might be a bit too low or inside that 64px blindspot (which is far too low to be placing a walk node IMO), so I might just change the position of the walk node instead, rather than messing around with resizing.

In any case, I would appreciate it if you could report this issue in our forum, because there are actually several other places where the walk node placements are a bit too annoying.
http://www.tsl-game.com