View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 12:28 PM   #9400
bulldog
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan
Can I just check something? ARe you lot really trying to hold a "most boring" contest with an accountant?

Did I ever tell you about the time someone sent me their accounts data and they'd already run the year end routine so I couldn't print off a trial balance but it was OK because I realised that I could get a trial balance if I just searched the audit trail for the Ledger Year End journals and then I could run a transactional trial balance that was filtered by date and the transaction numbers just before the year end journals but that wasn't the end of it because then I had to look for entries made after the year end journals that were dated before the year end to adjust in my journals when I put the whole thing on our accounts production program to make sure that I was using the correct figures for preparing the accounts and it's a good thing i did that because they had put their opening balance journals on after they'd run the year end routine which meant all of my opening balances would have been wrong if I hadn't journaled all those post year end entries and then my accounts wouldn't have added up properly which is a bad thing.

We all had a good laugh about that one I can tell you.

EDIT By the way, am I alone in finding dead people sexy?
Not really. Just responding to Relek.
Yawn, you could bore the feathers off of a duck. I think you should win.

By the way, yes, you are the only one that finds the dead sexy.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky