View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 11:32 AM   #9399
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Can I just check something? ARe you lot really trying to hold a "most boring" contest with an accountant?

Did I ever tell you about the time someone sent me their accounts data and they'd already run the year end routine so I couldn't print off a trial balance but it was OK because I realised that I could get a trial balance if I just searched the audit trail for the Ledger Year End journals and then I could run a transactional trial balance that was filtered by date and the transaction numbers just before the year end journals but that wasn't the end of it because then I had to look for entries made after the year end journals that were dated before the year end to adjust in my journals when I put the whole thing on our accounts production program to make sure that I was using the correct figures for preparing the accounts and it's a good thing i did that because they had put their opening balance journals on after they'd run the year end routine which meant all of my opening balances would have been wrong if I hadn't journaled all those post year end entries and then my accounts wouldn't have added up properly which is a bad thing.

We all had a good laugh about that one I can tell you.

EDIT By the way, am I alone in finding dead people sexy?
Not really. Just responding to Relek.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree