View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 09:19 PM   #26
Shadowpaw

I just played the demo and wanted to share that I thought it was great too. I noticed the same things eriq mentioned but so much of it seemed like things that would easily be fixed (and sounds like they already have been) that I wasn't too worried about the overall quality of the final production. It was a LOT of fun and definitely captured the spirit of the original games but with very impressive graphics and character designs. I also really enjoyed how the credits were displayed as you made your way through the castle... it reminded me a lot of "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis" where you play your way through the opening credits.

Overall I'm very happy with the look and feel of the game so far and hope the sound issues get solved (it is possible to have the audio quickly fade out when you skip it rather than have it sound like it's been chopped and produce a strange sharp clipping effect? Maybe this is related to the .ogg files as well) and the floating Graham (his legs were moving too slow while his body was moving too fast) is fixed for the later versions. I'm definitely going to be playing it the day it's released and all the time I've spent following this game has been worth it thus far! .

EDIT: I almost forgot, but I had some trouble getting Graham to leave certain frames. In particular, I couldn't get Graham to go back to the fork in the road from the Pawn shop for the longest time. Everytime I clicked for him to walk that way, he just stood there and did nothing. I tried a lot of different angles and but it just seemed to want to go back to the other screen. I had a similiar experience trying to leave the area in front of King Graham's room down into the ground level below. It just didn't want to listen to me .

EDIT 2: The problem I mentioned is actually the exact same problem eriq had here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriq
edit (addition to post): game stopping bug. I cannot exit the town screen (pawn shop).. walked back in from ship screen and the game "zoomed in" to a closeup of the pawn shop which I had to zoom out from using the WASD keys... Graham is stuck in the scene and I can't make him exit the scene. The game seems stuck.
I didn't see that till now, but right down to getting stuck in the zoomed in scene off the left of the pawnshop.