Thread: Simon 4
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 04:16 PM   #37
RLacey
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Type
Feeble Files did have arcade sequences, and they were poorly integrated. But they didn't ruin the whole experience for me (neither did action in StS3D).
Fair enough. I haven't actually played The Feeble Files yet, but I remember hating the fireworks section in Simon3D.

Quote:
Story, puzzles and humor really worked as a compensation, and I didn't find Simon that obnoxious. Maybe because I love british humor, maybe because there were very few really good humorous adventures in the last 6-7 years. And Simon3D succeeded in this field for me.
Hmm... I'd call myself a fan of British humour, but I'm not sure that Simon3D is a good example. Most of the humour in the game seems to be developed out of Simon being rude to everyone he meets. Sure, you're more than welcome to find that kind of thing funny, but I can't help but feel that there comes a point at which the character becomes so rude that he's distinctly unlikable. Stealing from the guy stuck down in a pit springs to mind, as does needlessly insulting every character that Simon ever meets, or the deeply unfunny breaking-the-fourth-wall jokes involving the fairy helper character.

Now, I'm not saying that Simon3D is devoid of humour - that's not true - but a great number of the jokes fell flat for me.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.