View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 12:04 PM   #20
cesarbittar

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriq
Are you including the full 3d introduction in the full game? or are you keeping the written out narration as the introduction. Dave Grossman, LucasArts writer/designer, was interviewed recently stating that a poor introduction is one where the designers have to write out the introductory text rather than actually show it. As a player, I felt confused after reading the introductory text... what am I supposed to be doing? Who exactly are the two characters in the courtyard? Where am I supposed to go next? I've picked up a few items but I'm stuck already. Maybe have some sort of journal or subtle hint device on what current objectives are?
Yeah, again, camera controls werent supposed to go there. We did some last minute changes to the game and we forgot to remove them. We have them there for design/programming purposes.

And YES, there is of course an intro. I couldn't live without one. It runs for 6 minutes plus a Chapter 1 intro that runs for about 2 mins or so. We just didn't want to spoil it

Cez
www.postudios.com