View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 05:36 AM   #11
Yonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva
First off, the game looks great but the camera control ruins the experience.

The designated controls for walking is w, s, a, d but these controls dont work? And toggle camera doesnt work either.
Oh! I was actually forgot to disable those key bindings. Sorry about that. They'll be removed in the next version. The only way to operate the player is supposed to be via point & click, not keyboard. Also, the cameras are supposed to be engine-controlled, not user-controlled. These settings were only supposed to be used during development and not release. And again, if this issue has not yet been reported, please do so in our forum so that I remember to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva
But if I may ask what is the point in releasing a very old demo to the public? I personally think you should of waited and just released the first episode. We've all waited this long a few more months wont kill us.
Well, I can't say exactly when Shadows will be completed, due to Vivendi's involvement. Our planned release date may shift greatly, after hearing what modifications they would like us to make to our final version of Shadows. I'm hoping such modifications will be minor, but at this point they are undefined.

As for why an old demo? Simple. It was already completed meaning its release preparation wouldn't cut into Shadows' development schedule. The only things that needed to be done were to replace "KQIX" with "TSL", remove spoilers, and patch up any existing bugs. Of course, we only made the decision to publicly release this demo during our major event one week ago, so 3 or 4 days wasn't really enough time to perform proper QA over a 130MB demo. We could have waited, or never make that demo public (which was our original plan) but, I felt that this was the perfect opportunity to release something major, and I don't make false promises when I have 100% control over them.

As a post-beta release, I think this demo is stable and complete enough that most people would enjoy it, despite the minor bugs. Of course, all reported issues will be fixed in RC2 (assuming we are able to fix all of them by that release date of course ).
http://www.tsl-game.com

Last edited by Yonkey; 07-31-2006 at 05:51 AM.