View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 09:08 PM   #6
Yonkey

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I'm glad you like it!

Keep in mind that this demo is actually 9 months old and the same one we sent to Vivendi during our shutdown. While I tried fixing all the last minute bugs this past week that were present back in November 2005, there are still a few minor glitches that I may have missed.

If your bugs have not yet already been reported, please fill out an Issue Report and post it in our Technical Support forum, so that we may fix these bugs for RC2. Someone mentioned something to me about the Village Square (going West of the IoC Village), but I haven't read or investigated this or any other issue yet.

There is actually going to be a pre-rendered introduction cutscene, followed by an in-game Chapter 1 sequence prior to where this demo starts. However, those two movies were removed in this public demo because they were decided to be too revealing of the plot. References to the storyline described in these sequences were removed or altered, which is why certain dialogues are recorded and others are not. Another byproduct is that certain scenes and characters are intentionally removed from this demo. This may have left you confused aand wanting more, but that's the point since this is a demo and not all of Chapter 1.

The overlapping dialogue is more a problem with the Torque engine's processing of *.ogg files (since it doesn't appear with *.wav). I believe this audio problem remains in even the most current version of Torque, but we are fully aware of it and are trying to resolve it. Not only does it cause characters to interrupt each other, it results in long animation sequences going out of sync.

The Graham floating may caused from replacing Graham with the most recent version of him. The "VU" version had a bug which resulted in him infinitely spinning on the spot, basically the equivalent of the game becoming inoperable. The floating might be caused by the floor's collision mesh being higher than the visible mesh. Again, the exporting procedure has since changed, combining both types of meshes into one. So this bug may already be fixed, but I will investigate it further.

I would greatly appreciate it you could report any further bugs, and/or criticism on the demo inside our TSL Public Demo forums, as it is easier for us to track and organize.

Thanks!
http://www.tsl-game.com